One of my favorite dishes for Thanksgiving dinner is the cranberry sauce. Call me snobby, but I’m past the whole “sauce from the can” technique. Not only does it add some color to the spread of beiges and browns on your plate, but it gives some sweet and tangy flavor to everything! I never realized how easy it is to make homemade cranberry sauce either! This recipe is from All Recipes with a few modifications to add some extra flavor.
What you need:
- 12 ounces of whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Wash and strain the cranberries
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar and cinnamon in the orange juice.
- Stir in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.